What is women’s health?
Women’s health is about caring for oneself. When women learn to take care of themselves, they will experience vibrant improvements in their lives, health, and general well being. Here you know about Stretching – Here everything that you don’t know.
Why is women’s health so important?
Women are the nurtures of society, we take care of our husbands, our parents, our children, and the community and in return women need to be nurtured.
Women health is ultimately about loving and caring for oneself, by becoming intuitive and being an active participant in your own health care.
Today women are more educated, vocal and sophisticated in their knowledge of medical science. And because of this, is determined and able to take control of their own health.
Women are powerful, by virtue of their numbers as well as their social and economic influence; women are potentially dangerous for any institution built on the status quo.
Women’s health & lifestyle
Women health is also about lifestyle changes and choices such as:
- Stress reduction
- Religion and Spirituality
- Goal setting and achievements
Women’s Health & Hormones
Women’s health is about hormones. Being female is hormonally scripted by our brains and organs. Here you know about Avascular Necrosis – Symptoms and Causes.
What are hormones?
Hormones are messenger chemicals produced in minute quantities either in the brain or in the other endocrine (hormone-producing) glands such as the:
They are excreted immediately into the bloodstream to all parts of the body where they control, activate and direct our ever-changing organ functions, urges and feelings.
Our bodies are continually creating new hormones in response to our specific, individual needs.
Our hormones are also being continually destroyed or metabolized from our systems as our needs change. Hormonal shifts take place rapidly. And our endocrine (hormonal) system is closely interwoven with our thoughts, feelings and external events. Here you know about Anatomy of the heart.
This is why we have fluctuating hormone levels which may differ drastically from hour to hour.
Our hormones play characteristic roles in the different stages of our lives and influence our development, behavior, and attitude during these life transitions:
- Puberty and Adolescence
- Reproductive, child-rearing and caretaking years
- Mid-life, time for freedom and of self-fulfillment
Hormonal changes, imbalances, and deficiencies affect our lives, health, well-being and also our personal and professional pursuits such as family and career.
The most common hormonal imbalances are:
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Postpartum Depression (Also known as Post-natal Depression)
- Polycystic Ovaries
- Hypothyroidism (under-functioning thyroid)
- Depression, Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Weight Gain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Psoriatic Arthritis Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Osteoarthritis – Diagnosis, Treatment, Symptoms & Causes
- Hyperlipoproteinemia: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
- What is Xylitol? Everything You Need to Know